Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 12: A "Normal" Sunday

Today was really beautiful,  warm and sunny.   We decided to start with a traditional American Breakfast;  biscuits, eggs, bacon, and potatoes (after 10 days of granola and yogurt, my typical habit) and the followed up with some yoga, X-Country Skiing, and lots of football.  It was exactly what I am here for:  to live here as a "normal" resident, not a tourist.  Lynne is certainly better, as evidenced by her ability to X-Country for over an hour.  






She even tolerated my football time with Kristin!  ;-)  Yes, indeed, I am a very lucky man:  My little girl now loves football!


During our skiing outing,  we met a local who is living a  dream retirement here.  He was probably close to 70, but was in great shape and was out snow-shoeing with his dog.  We had seen him at least once a day tromping around the showshoe trail..  By day, he is a ski instructor.  He lives here in the Highlands (ie, NICE house), bragged that he has 4 girlfriends,  and spends the summer "on the beach in Delaware". Silly me!  I had forgotten that there even WAS a Delaware!  And I can't fault a guy for bragging about having 4 lovers, at least at his age!  I will deftly dodge the question you are asking regarding the 4 girlfriend thingy relative to my fantasy life here.  I'm SURE it isn't nearly as fun as the imagination would lead one to believe! 


Tomorrow, I leave for 5 days work in NY (Poughkeepsie, not the City) and will miss my new temporary home greatly.  And what will I write about?   "Today I had some nice pretzels on a 4 hour flight and drove 3 hours from Laguardia to Poughkeepsie!  Fun, huh?"   
The sad thing is that now I will not be able to attend the Ullr Festival Parade on Thursday as originally planned.  I have bequeathed my headdress to Kristin for her enjoyment, and asked Lynne to take some pictures to share. 


Have a GREAT WEEK, all y'all!


-- Karl



No comments: